Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Brand new resource for Japanese ceramics and marks

 This is a good resource with lots of information that may be of help in researching Japanese ceramics. Caution, it is a subscription site, with revolving payments. One can only see a limited amount of information without joining. If you have a lot of ceramics to research it may be just what you need. I do recommend using it as one reference. I  always encourage researchers to do additional research to document and to verify information for any source. 

 https://japanese-ceramics.com/



2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I have found your work so helpful. It has helped me to identify several pieces of quality Japanese porcelain, most recently a valuable Fukagawa porcelain figurine from the Showa period, found for $2 at a local thrift store. I had no idea what it was, and bought it on a hunch, because it looked like a quality piece. Your blog helped me to identify the mark. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you found the information you needed!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Helpful Vocabulary When Researching Japanese Ceramics

Vocabulary when searching for Japanese Ceramics *I will be adding to this list Dating   ( 江戸) Edo Period (1603-1868)   (江戸 前期) Ea...